Microelectronics and Nanotechnology Division
Head of the division: SLIMANE Abdelhalim
The research activities of Microelectronics and Nanotechnology Division are interested in general in the design of integrated circuits, the development of CAO-VLSI tools, the semiconductors device characterization, technological simulation and the development of Design Kit for CMOS 1µm.
The Design of integrated circuits bears mainly upon :
- Specific integrated circuits ASICs,
- Integrated systems on chip (Soc),
- Integrated circuits with radio frequency.
The activity of tools CAO/VLSI development bears mainly upon :
- The high level synthesis of VLSI systems to integrate on same chip,
- Development of CAO/VLSI tools answering a new constraints introduced by the System on chip implementations,
- Development of effective techniques of optimization from the point of view of time CPU because of the treatment of very broad whole of data,
- Development of assistance tools of digital systems design with low power consumption.
The characterization activity bears mainly upon :
- The electric characterization of components and semiconductors devices,
- The reliability of MOS structures subjected to the electric constraints and ionizing radiations,
- The development of electric qualifications methods of irradiated transistors degradation,
The technological simulation activity bears mainly upon :
- TCAD (SILVACO) simulation of technological processes CMOS,
- Numerical modeling.
The development activity of Design Kit for a CMOS 1µm technology bears
mainly upon :
- Development of digital standard cells library,
- Development of cells of input/output library,
- Development of elementary analogical cells library,
- Development of regular structures generators.